In addition to its flagship Give A Goat program, Arapal also provides other training and resources to help the vulnerable become self-sufficient.
- Organic Gardening – Arapal provides basic horticultural instruction which allows a vulnerable family to feed itself in much healthier ways, as well as to grow more food for sale.
- Worm Farming – Arapal teaches its constituents to raise worms which provide a great source of protein for feed and for enriching the soil.
- Organic Pig Raising – Arapal is demonstrating how pigs can be raised economically, organically, and without unpleasant odors. Pigs do not have all the benefits of goats, but they are a way for some of Arapal’s clients to enhance their earnings and their nutrition.
- Skill Development – Arapal staff and volunteers teach sewing, soap making, computer operations, jewelry and purse-making with beads and discarded plastic sacks, etc.
- Chicken Raising – Arapal is providing chickens and training in how to raise chickens as a way to provide eggs and poultry.